Tuesday, July 14, 2009

musical! theatre!! (instert jazz hands here)

i don't know if y'all know this about your dear blogger extraordinaire, but she used to be waaay into musical theatre in high school. like i all i wanted in the whole wide world was to be a broadway superstar. (f.y.i. i also felt just as strongly about being a professional sailor and an opera singer and a jazz singer and a truck driver. i got a short attention span. see all my other blog entries for proof.) somewhere along the way i lost the love. don't know why but i think it has something to do with the sweet discovery that i could have my very own rock and roll band. but just recently i found the love again. and it felt oh! so! super! btw i'm gonna see if i can get my momma to wrangle some old school photos of me in weird stage makeup and funny costumes to share...

so i work at the fire every monday evening for the most glorious open-mic in all of philadelphia. i'm sorry all ye who hosteth open-mics out there and think it's like the best, but what i say is true. mostly it's thanks to our fearless leader/host jonas t. oesterle. you ever heard of charisma? and hilarity? jonas=the embodiment of all that is awes. and all the ACTUAL amazing talent that endlessly shuffles through thine doors. plus it's like totally always fun as shiiiiiiiiit.

okay, getting to the original point of this post (what? a little endless rambling never hurt anybody. and that's why you all love me so much) my buddy ryan williams, an all-star regular, asked me like a week ago to sing with him for our most recent open-mic theme night, "song of the silver screen and stage," which was btw, uh. may. zing. meet ryan:



ryan chose the cute to the max, suddenly seymore from little shop of horrors and guess who forgot to listen to the song (not having heard it in like 8 years)? you guessed it!!!! me me me me meeeeeee.... so i'm bartending away, flirting with some hot dude at the end of the bar when ryan asked if i was ready to sing in 15 mins. and i was all "oh fuck! i forgot!" so i grabbed steve quaranta's ipod and listened to it once, then played it through with ryan once, then ran on stage.

here it 'tis. me, back to my musical theatre roots. holler.




with sweet under stah-ah-ahhhh! nding,
ali.

No comments: