Tuesday, September 23, 2008

best neck injury EVER.




do i throw the term "best day of my life" around a bit too much? WELL, this time i mean it more than i'm sure all the other best days of my life. oh and FYI i also have like a bazillion bffs. depending on whom i'm speaking with, everyone/everything is the best. ever.

anyhoo.... saturday i worked my lil' buns off. then furiously biked to the give festival in liberty lands park to catch the last few bands of the day. my friends worked like so totally hard to put on this totes rad fest, and this year was def the best yet.

behold pictures of heidi (it's her bday tomorrow!!! come get crunk with us!) with SADIE!! with her protective headgear and of course, demon freak lily cope. please pay special attention to bulging snake eyes, the multiple layers of teeth, and pointy elvin nose. i promised lily i'd put her pic up on my blog, i'm sure she wasn't expecting the photo of the devil incarnate...

fun night. whew...

ok. now to sixmotherfuckingflags. why are roller coasters so awesome? why do they make me so incredibly happy?? so, we went sunday in honor of sarah's birthday. (hint, hint: birthday idea for your truly--or some other equivalent great adventure. october 6th bitches.) here's sarah and i on the first ride of the day: great american scream machine. we got to know the two kids in front of us pretty well when the ride broke down at the end. bum-mer. and besides looking so incredibly cool, kid on right had both birds waving proudly, so (as per six flags policy) the awkward 14-year-old at the photo booth had to cover up his fingers. loooooser. also notice the dual gum-chewing action.



now to the most important coaster at hand. kingda fucking ka. i can't say much about it except for the fact that it's the world's tallest and the world's fastest rollercoaster. EVER. insaaaaaaaaaane. here's a video of the front of the ride. someone snuck a camera in, and there's no way in H-E-double hockey stick that this video does the coaster justice at all, but you get the idea.



here we are right after the descent. balls. (L-R: miss sarah davey, me me me me!, claire bear, rachel davey, lewis, and jamie)


my mind was blown. BLOWN I TELL YOU!!!!


and let me tell you. bartending the day after a minor rollercoaster induced neck injury is no picnic. but so fucking worth it.

1 comment:

Lovely Lily said...

you neglected to mention my "penelope" nose.